The Back to Basics program offers an exciting classroom-based, instructor-led educational opportunity for people new to materials and operations management—or people working in positions that interact with this field. Participants gain practical, essential skills that help them become more effective and productive in their jobs.
This 6 week program takes attendees through the concepts that companies must do well to remain competitive and increase their bottom line. Each week covers a new subject and participation in all 6 sessions results in a certificate of completion.
A Series of 6 Classes (3 Hours Each), One Per Week:
- Forecasting, Planning and Master Scheduling
- Inventory Management & Stockroom Control
- Parts, BOM’s, Routings & ECO’s
- Material Requirements Planning
- Production Control and Capacity Planning
- Methods for Continuous Improvement
|Or enroll for classes as well as an APICS membership and save $70!*||$400|
*A Professional APICS CORE membership costs $180 for 12 months. Other membership options available. For details visit APICS
Who should attend?
- Individuals looking to start a career in Supply Chain or who are interested in a base foundation before beginning their CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) course.
- Professionals new to materials and operations management, or working in positions that interact with Supply Chain - such as Purchasing, Engineering, Customer Service, Accounting, IT, Sales, etc.
- Individuals looking for ideas on how to improve the overall effectiveness of their processes.
What recent attendees have said about this program:
“I was told it was going to be good – this is GREAT!”
“I liked the ability to interact with other class members and get ideas from them”
“Created interest to improve every work responsibilities and to 'do it right the first time'”
“Instructor put it in terms that I could understand”
Plant Tours are held periodically at local companies of interest. Please see our calendar of events for future plant tours
Note that most tours require pre-registration.
If you have an idea or suggestion for an event, please Contact Us.